The Institute of Optics
480 Intercampus Drive
Tel: +1 585 275 7720
About The Institute of Optics
THE HYBRID OPTICS MASTER’S EDUCATION (HOME) offers the same degree and core curriculum as the standard University of Rochester Optics MS. HOME features an intensive three-week in-person version of our hands-on MS lab class. The combination of online coursework and in-person practical training maintains the rigor of our traditional MS degree while maximizing flexibility. Accelerate your career with an Optics MS. Apply Now!
CAREER ADVANCEMENT opportunities at The Institute of Optics have launched thousands of successful careers and scientific discoveries.
- Students are encouraged to attend the Industrial Associates (IA) Symposiums, which feature an MS Student Showcase, a Company Showcase, hosted interviews, and various networking opportunities.
- The Institute of Optics maintains robust relationships and a strong reputation with partners in industry and alumni working in Optics and Photonics. As a result, our Optics MS students have enjoyed 100% job placement, often with multiple job offers upon graduation.
- Optics students are lifelong members of The Institute of Optics and University of Rochester Alumni Network.
THE CURRICULUM includes seven online courses and a three-week in-residence practical experience course.
- Choose from numerous areas of concentration in which to specialize.
- Students will have full access to our rich academic community and extensive campus resources.
ROLLING ADMISSIONS AND FLEXIBLE COURSES allows working professionals to maximize their learning with manageable part-time studies while benefiting from the same curriculum and standards as our full-time MS program.
- Fellowship and scholarship funds available.
- Admissions to the HOME is open year-round. For details on the application, please refer to our Application Guidance.
Desired degree disciplines/class
Geared to individuals with a strong STEM foundation who want to work or are already working in the vibrant and growing optics industry
How to apply
Applications for the HOME programme are accepted year-round. We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2022 cohort
Duration of programme
Full-time: one year
Part-time: two years
Tel +1 585 275 7720
This recruiter is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search?