Wireless Products Engineer (Physics, Maths, CompSci and EEE Graduates)
The Wireless Products team, within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, is recruiting talented graduates, typically in the fields of Electronic Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science.
From underwater to outer space, work on a wide range of complex problems and develop your skills in areas such electronics, software, signal processing and mathematical modelling.
Hungry for a technical challenge? Want a noble and rewarding mission? Enjoy making things or understanding how technology works? If so, we’d love you to apply so we can tell you more.
About the business
The Wireless Products team develop innovative mission critical technology for our customers. We design, build and support high performance electronic systems. Our core work lies in software defined radios from their physical design and build to the applications that run on them. We conduct research and modelling (particularly in electromagnetics, optics and radio systems).
Our team is part of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, a leading supplier of cyber, intelligence and security capabilities. The company plays a significant role in keeping our country safe and it’s something we’re extremely proud of.
About the role
As a Wireless Engineer, you will join a project team of talented engineers, who will coach and support you to gain the necessary skills. You will work closely with our customers to find solutions to their most complex problems. You will also have the opportunity to work on all stages of a product lifecycle, from concept and design through to build and support.
There are a variety of roles within the scope of Wireless Products Engineer, and while you may specialise in one or more, you will be encouraged to develop a broad set of skills and understanding. Opportunities include:
- Designing high performance electronics (digital/RF/analogue) for our products
- Manufacturing devices designed to operate in extreme environment
- Developing firmware for a range of platforms, including FPGAs, ARM processors, GPUs and microcontrollers (typically using VHDL or Verilog)
- Designing signal processing algorithms
- Mathematical modelling
Within the Wireless Products team, we understand you’re not going to know everything straight away so you will participate in specialised training to bring you up to speed. You will also have a buddy assigned to help you find your feet. We will support you with a career mentor who will guide you through your career as it develops. We will encourage you to work towards professional registration and get involved in engineering outreach activities to inspire future generations of engineers. Additionally you also gain further development from our Future Talent community, who organise training, networking and social events to get involved with.
Who are we looking for?
Our team needs people with excellent problem solving skills, enthusiasts for technology, who enjoy making things and understanding how they work.
- On track to achieve or achieved (within the last 3 years) 2:1 degree in Engineering (typically Electronic), Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar.
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within specific areas of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
We will support you in developing the right skills for both your role and career, but are looking for people who show:
- An interest and aptitude in solving problems
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Highly motivated and a desire to learn
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
What you will receive
- £30,000 starting salary, rising to £35,000 over 2 years
- £2000 sign-on bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Flexible benefits including discounts on restaurants, cinemas and shops
- Share incentive plan
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.