Multiple PhD Positions in Dresden, Germany
This IMPRS, which is devoted to addressing some of the central contemporary themes in theoretical and computational physics, chemistry and materials science, seeks young scientists for its doctoral programme. It offers excellent research facilities at the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems as well as at its partner institutions in Germany–in particular the Technische Universität Dresden — the Czech Republic and Poland.
We are looking for highly talented and motivated students from all around the world. The standard entrance qualification is a Master's degree (or an equivalent university degree, e.g. German "Diplom") in physics, chemistry, mathematics or computer science.
Multiple PhD Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis. Successful candidates will receive support fully covering living expenses.
The thesis work is complemented by a comprehensive training programme in English. The PhD degree will be conferred by the Technical University in Dresden or by one of the partner institutions.
We have two annual deadlines for applications: 30 April and 31 October.
More information, including a list of potential supervisors and topics as well as details of the application procedure, can be found on the IMPRS website: http://www.imprs-mpsse.mpg.de/
IMPRS-MPSSE Partner Institutions
- Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden/DE
- Technical University Dresden, Dresden/DE
- Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research, Dresden/DE
- Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Prague/CZ
- University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Prague/CZ
- Charles University, Prague/CZ
- Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research, Wroclaw/PL
- University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw/PL