The Laser & Optical Physics (Effects) team at QinetiQ Malvern are looking to add an enthusiastic and talented individual to their team of subject matter experts. Through your experience of optical systems you will be actively involved in delivering work packages relating to novel systems.
Responsibilities would include:
- Planning, development, and deployment of optical systems;
- Planning and delivery of projects as appropriate;
- Providing input to larger projects as part of a team of subject matter experts;
- Undertaking technical tasks relating to High Energy Laser (HEL) development, test and evaluation.
Requirements & Essential Qualifications
- Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject;
- An understanding of laser and optical physics;
- A practical knowledge of optical design;
- Experience working with laboratory test and measurement equipment/instrumentation;
- Ability to analyse and present data concisely;
- Awareness of laser safety practices and standards;
- Eligible for full security clearance;
- Experience working within a team and great interpersonal communication skills.
- Working with Class 4 lasers;
- Data analysis and machine control;
- Working on MOD and commercial projects.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.