Quantum Applications Engineer (m/w/x)
Building on decades of experience in experimental and theoretical quantum information processing, AQT develops and builds quantum computers. The company's goal is to offer ion trap-based quantum computers that fit seamlessly into conventional IT infrastructure and can be operated from any PC or laptop, regardless of location. AQT already enables its customers to install quantum computers on site or to use them via a convenient cloud solution. AQT supports research customers with quantum hardware components and complete solutions that significantly accelerate the development of quantum optics experiments. We are now looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join our team in Innsbruck, Austria as a Quantum Application Engineer.
To assist AQT in achieving our commercial and technical goals, we are looking for a quantum application specialist with a focus on our cloud product line. This new role at AQT entails identifying and engaging with customers from multiple industries and communities, including the financial, pharmaceutical, logistics, and energy markets. As Quantum Application Engineer you will develop and run application use-cases on our quantum computers, respond to customer enquiries, assist our customers in setting up use-case studies, and essentially be a reliable and knowledgeable point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, as well as collaborators looking to apply AQT quantum computing resources for their endeavors.
As the Quantum Application Engineer is a customer facing role, your job may include some traveling, as you will be expected to represent AQT at conferences, exhibitions, and interface with our growing customer base.
- Identifying use cases and applications for quantum computers
- Developing quantum algorithms, writing code, and executing it on quantum hardware
- Identifying applicable customers and arranging communications to enable engagement
- Formulating responses to new customer enquiries and qualifying the lead for further actions
- Actively interfacing with the AQT technical teams and our customers with technical communications at every stage of their requirements
- Supporting, developing, and creating technical documents including case studies, product data-sheets, whitepapers, and other key materials as required
- Working with key staff members within AQT to ensure product value propositions and marketing communications are relevant and up-to-date
- Master's degree or PhD in an AMO physics discipline, quantum information theory, computer science, or mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Familiarity with quantum algorithms and machine learning or optimization techniques
- Preferably, time spent interfacing with customers or working within a commercial team
- Ability to rapidly understand customer applications and apply the AQT product to customer needs
- Discipline and experience in documenting work
- Empathy towards customer needs, and organizational skills to record, analyze, and communicate to colleagues
- Preference to work in a collaborative environment with highly-skilled colleagues
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
Good reasons to join AQT
Look forward to working on ground-breaking technologies in one of the most beautiful places in the Alps. You will become part of a passionate and international team, work in a unique environment with cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure, and have the opportunity to shape the future of quantum computing. We value creativity and actively search for team players with a thirst for knowledge and a passion for technology. AQT is growing, and we'd like to give you the chance to grow with us: We believe in letting our team members pursue their passions, and in helping each other thrive. Your position has the potential to grow into a long-term opportunity. Since we know there is a life outside of work, we do our best to create a family-friendly atmosphere and enable flexible working hours or part-time options.
Austrian law stipulates that the formal minimum salary of EUR 37 559.20 per year, according to Collective Bargaining Agreement, must be specified in job postings. According to your experience and skills we are typically paying significantly more.