Laser Scientist (Tenure Track)
- Establish future time-resolved laser spectroscopy facility and high-field mid-IR and THz source;
- Maintain CPA lasers, expand experimental capabilities, and support R&D activities at SwissFEL;
- Establish an independent research program in new laser technologies and secondary sources based on OPCPA drive laser;
- Coordinate laboratory activities in multi-disciplinary teams and projects.
- Experience in numerical simulations and high-level programing languages;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in English;
- PhD degree in experimental physics / engineering;
- Proven track record in R&D of high-energy, high-power CPA/OPCPA laser systems and applications in nonlinear optics.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Alexandre Trisorio, phone +41 56 310 53 02.
Please submit your application online by 17 July 2022 (including CV, list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Laser Scientist (Tenure Track) (index no. 6611-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland