AFM Application Scientist
2 days left
- Job type
- Research facilities
Semiconductor devices provide the foundations on which progress in the technology sector are enabled. From Smartphones to Artificial Intelligence, 5G communications to autonomous vehicles, all are made possible through advances in semiconductor processes. Scaling these processes requires sub-nanometer measurement of increasingly complex 3D structures to enable more powerful devices. At Infinitesima we have pioneered a revolutionary atomic precision 3D metrology technology which has been qualified by leading companies in the semiconductor industry and we believe is essential for continued progress. To quote Lord Kelvin, ‘If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it!’. Come and join our dynamic team to enable the semiconductors for tomorrow’s technological developments.
Do you have experience in using AFM technology for measurement of challenging samples? If so, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an AFM Application Scientist to join our R&D team.
The prime function of the role is to test latest developments on our state-of-the-art high speed AFM tool to both demonstrate capabilities and to feedback any issues observed or suggested improvements.
Reporting to: Head of R&D
The Opportunity: There is an opportunity to join our hi-tech team and be central in translating customer requirements into R&D projects, working within R&D projects to help develop and evaluate prototype solutions and optimise their performance, prior to being engineered into the customer-releasable product.
- Work within the R&D team providing requirements, developing, and testing prototype solutions;
- Work with the engineering team to hand over the developments for further engineering into a product;
- Protect Infinitesima intellectual property, providing technical information or methodology from work;
- Document method development, providing an understanding of the applications and problems to be solved;
- Liaise with customer facing applications team to support optimum data capture using current developments to address live customer requirements;
- Collect data for presentations, marketing activities and conferences;
- Secure and author technical publications.
- Represent Infinitesima at public forums including user groups and conferences.
- Able to work independently, setting priorities for own work based upon the company goals and targets;
- Engages with other members of the company to bring the best solutions to the problem;
- Recognises the value that fellow company members bring to enhance own abilities;
- Supports colleagues with their tasks when critical to the company goals;
- Establishes themselves as the knowledge centre in own field;
- React and address both short- and medium-term issues and proactively take action to solve them;
- Focus on the company goal, avoid distraction, making timely decisions to achieve the target;
Education / Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant degree, coupled with industrial experience.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- 2 years’ experience in hands-on day to day use of AFM along with an understanding of the key components of how an AFM works;
- 2 years’ experience in hands-on day to day use of AFM.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a good approach to working through problems to a solution either on own or with others;
- Experience of a programming language e.g. Python, Matlab, Labview
- Experience working with control systems.
- Experience of similar role within leading-edge instrumentation, measurement, or advanced process tools.
In addition to a competitive starting salary and a yearly bonus, Infinitesima offers flexible working hours, Hybrid working with up to 50% home working 25 days annual leave, personal pension contributions and EMI Share scheme. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Note to recruitment agencies: Infinitesima Ltd only works with approved agencies and does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not submit candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Infinitesima Ltd employees. Infinitesima Ltd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.