Senior Scientist Quantum Computing Control Software
7 days left
- Job type
- Industry & business
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first-ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to help the quantum computing community reach its goal of impactful quantum computers.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist Quantum Computing Control Software to strengthen our Research & Development team in Zurich. You will closely collaborate with Product Management, System Architecture and international partners that interface with our QCCS Software and own the team's feature backlog and lead design decisions. Your success will be measured by your impact on driving the state of the art of quantum computer control software.
- Drive Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) software development in close collaboration with product management, system architect and all stakeholders.
- Shape and align the interfaces with international partners.
- Lead and contribute to architectural decisions for QCCS Software.
- Own the feature backlog, generate tickets, ensure ticket quality, and define sprint goals together with the product manager and the team lead in an agile development process.
- Definition of QCCS software requirements, based on customer needs, product strategy and company strategy in line with the general design concept of QCCS.
- Ensure in close collaboration with the team lead that requirements and design concept are operationally defined and executed in the development team.
- Implement tickets in continuous integration and ensure product quality, code quality and stable release cycles.
- A Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, or computer science with a solid scientific track record in quantum computing research.
- Programming experience in a quantum computing framework, e.g. Qiskit, Cirq, PycQED, QCoDeS, etc.
- Deep understanding of different software layers and interfaces in the quantum stack.
- Practical experience in the experimental implementation of quantum computing.
- Experience in software development.
- Excellent communication skills are an important asset.
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Quantum Computing is your passion?
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.