Application Scientist Quantum Computing (80-100%)
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first-ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
At present, we have several projects with leading groups and companies to extend the capabilities and reach of our QCCS. To develop further our customer base and ensure successful adoption by our customers, we are looking to grow our Marketing & Sales team in Zurich.
- Establish new customer contacts and maintain existing ones, securing future sales mainly related to quantum computing
- Represent Zurich Instruments at trade shows and visit customers worldwide
- Provide application-specific customer support, including on-site system integration
- Refine key product features of our arbitrary waveform generators, quantum analyzers and other quantum stack products, thus helping to strengthen and secure Zurich Instruments’ position as a technology leader
- Perform acceptance testing of the QCCS to meet scientific requirements
- Produce material such as product documentation, website content, blog posts, application notes, videos, etc.
- PhD in physics, mathematics, or computer science with a relevant background in quantum technologies
- Solid scientific track record with practical lab experience, including RF/microwave signal generation and measurement
- Programming ability in Python
- Sales experience and/or an interest in developing your skills in this area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is a must
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how of basic marketing strategies are an advantage
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Quantum Computing is your passion?
Now is a great time to join the team. We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.