Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the field of computer science, technical software development, bioinfo
In the project QI-Digital (https://www.qi-digital.de/), BAM is currently developing criteria and procedures for the testing and quality assurance of additively manufactured components for safety-relevant applications. Would you like to analyse 3D X-ray tomography data with us and contribute to making additive manufacturing safer? Then the following position is right for you:
To strengthen our team in the division "Radiological Methods" in Berlin-Steglitz, starting 01.09.2022, we are looking for a
Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the field of computer science, technical software development, bioinformatics, engineering, mathematics, physics, data science, data engineering, business informatics or comparable
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 31.12.2024
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that offers a wide range of opportunities to work in a future-oriented way at the interface of research and application.
Your responsibilities include:
- Independent research activity in the field of digital image processing and analysis of 3D X‑ray microtomography data
- Analysis of 3D image data of additively manufactured components
- Cooperation with external and internal partners in the QI Digital project
- Publication of results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Presentation of results at scientific conferences
- Acquisition of third-party-funded research projects
- Supervision of young scientists
- Completed scientific university studies (master's degree or diploma) in computer science, technical software development, bioinformatics, engineering, mathematics, physics, data science, data engineering, business informatics or similar
- Experience and knowledge in digital image processing and analysis as well as programming
- Command of one or more task-relevant programming languages (Python, C, C++, LUA) or software packages (e.g. Avizo, VGStudio, DragonFly, ImageJ)
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, as well as ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 17.07.2022. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 173/22-8.3 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung (BAM)
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.