The Institute of Physics at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC) is seeking applicants for faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level. A Ph.D degree in Physics (or closely related areas) is required, and postdoctoral experience is highly desirable.
We are interested in outstanding candidates working on the following research areas: Condensed Matter Physics, High Energy Physics, Plasma Physics, Quantum Optics, and Mathematical Physics. Exceptional candidates working on other research areas will also be considered.
The selected candidates are expected to establish a leading research program as well as to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates do not need to be fluent in Spanish at the moment of applying, but need to teach in Spanish after a year of hiring.
Applicants should submit the following documents to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sep 6th 2022.
(1) Curriculum Vitae (with a complete list of publications),
(2) Statement of research interests and proposed research,
(3) Statement of teaching interests,
(4) Five representative publications, and
(5) At least two letters of recommendation sent directly by the recommenders to the email mentioned above.