For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
Software Engineer for the PETRA IV Fast Orbit Feedback Systems
Limited: 3 years | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: MMA074/2021 | Deadline: open | Full-time/Part-time
DESY, with more than 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world's leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The group MSK is responsible for real time data analysis and fast feedback controls of beam stabilization systems, radiofrequency cavity control, special diagnostics and precision synchronization of particle accelerators at DESY. We are an international team of technicians, engineers and scientists who develop, install and operate complex instruments and embedded systems for the EuXFEL, FLASH and at the PETRA storage ring.
About your role:
- Analysis of software requirements for the PETRA IV fast orbit feedback system
- Design of software concepts and software architecture including exception handling
- Implementation of C++ applications in large-scale accelerator control systems
- Evaluation of new technologies and contribution of your own innovative ideas
- Maintenance, refurbishment and upgrades of feedback servers and clients used at PETRA III
- MSc or PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics or similar discipline
- Excellent knowledge and professional experience in software engineering (systems analysis and software design)
- Excellent knowledge and professional experience in modern C++ (11/14/17)
- Professional experience in middleware of large-scale control systems such as TANGO, EPICS or DOOCS
- Professional experience in software development for accelerator storage rings is advantageous
- Self-driven and awareness for high-quality work as well as ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Good reasons to join:
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work-life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a publicly funded employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH. DESY offers its employees a financial supplement for a job ticket at both locations.
For further information please contact Martin Killenberg at +49 40 8998‑3011 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position.
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392