Breakthrough technology is vital for strengthening the UK’s Defence & Homeland Security. As a Software Engineer at Awerian, you will be at the forefront of this innovation race by helping to defend and protect the UK from the latest technological and cyber threats.
Your work will have a real-world impact. You will get to explore pioneering concepts by collaborating with elite multi-disciplinary teams of highly educated and skilled scientists, engineers, and designers. You’ll see ideas become a reality as you create prototypes through Awerian’s rapid approach to design and implementation. It’s a fantastically challenging and varied role.
Every day, you will be operating at the boundary of technological exploration through inventions and cutting-edge technology. Typically, this will involve going through the whole product life cycle, you’ll capture requirements, design, develop, document, test, and deliver through to production. This will use all your experimental and problem-solving skills.
You will get to enjoy a broad range of technically demanding projects with the freedom to find solutions with the support of highly capable and intelligent colleagues.
Using C and at least one other language as appropriate for prototyping or test harness creation (such as C++, MATLAB, Python or Simulink), the projects cover areas such as:
- experience with system architecture, requirements & interfaces;
- Ideally will have firmware and / or embedded software experience;
- development of applications for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) or bare metal;
- will have experience of Software Defined Radio (SDR);
- experience of debugging embedded software;
- interfacing to standard peripherals such as SPI, I2C, UART etc.;
- optimisation for resource constrained applications;
- good knowledge of standard algorithms;
- ability to develop new and / or adapt existing algorithms.
Ideally you will have a depth of experience in two or more of the above areas. You will also have a track record of academic excellence, hold a relevant degree, and have proven technical capabilities including the design and development of technology solutions.
We are keen to hear from Software Engineers with experience in any sector, however, experience in defence would be useful.
Awerian is no ordinary research and development consultancy. The organisation is an employee-owned business; you will work at our smart and well-equipped offices and laboratories based just outside of Cambridge. Immediately you will be encouraged to share and implement your ideas - there’s no ‘newbie’ status, and you’ll benefit from our culture of freedom.
Awerian is part of TTP Group, which is an employee-owned trust. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through. This, along with our flat structure, encourages mutual support, teamwork, and innovation. It also creates unique opportunities to develop skills in project leadership and client management to keep your professional development on track.
Awerian are continuing their rapid growth plan, making this a great time to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of building on our successful track record and develop your career at the cutting edge of technology. You will be supported by our team of experts. We’re a business of individuals – however, our curiosity brings us together and it drives what we do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of Awerian is designed to help you connect, thrive, and feel included.
Joining Awerian means you’ll enjoy our fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided;
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution);
- Private medical insurance for you and your family & Life insurance;
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays;
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable;
- Electric Vehicle leasing & Cycle to Work scheme;
- Access to TTP Group social and sport clubs;
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre.
So, if you’re ready to create the extraordinary at the forefront of UK homeland security; apply today.
You will need to be eligible for UK security clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI sponsorship visa scheme
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and will arrange interviews ASAP upon receiving suitable applications. All applicants will receive a response
Closing Date: 23rd October 2022
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.