To strengthen our team in the division "Micro-Non-destructive Testing" in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Research assistant (m/f/d) in the field of physics, medical physics, physical engineering, mechanical engineering or cf.
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 30.09.2024
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Contribution to a project on the determination of measurement uncertainty in industrial computed tomography
- Extension and further development of the simulation software aRTist for metrological questions
- Conception and realisation of CT measurements
- Software development for automated feature evaluation and quantitative data analysis
- Cooperation with internal and external research groups as well as with industrial partners
- Active acquisition of research projects; application for a follow-up project
- Detailed scientific documentation of the results through technical articles, presentations at national and international conferences, publications, reports
- Completed scientific university studies (Master's degree or diploma) in physics, medical physics, physical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar
- A completed doctorate is desirable
- Mastery of one or more task-relevant programming languages (Python, C++, TCL)
- Experience and knowledge in digital image processing and analysis
- Good knowledge of X-ray analytical methods, especially computed tomography and radiography
- Experience with metrological issues
- Ability to publish scientific articles
- Experience in the management and implementation of research projects
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in German and English
- Good communication and information skills, goal-oriented and structured way of working, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, as well as teamwork and cooperation skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 31.10.2022. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 282/22-8.5 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Bellon will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-3658 and/or by email to Carsten.Bellon@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.