The Kavli Institute for Theoretical Sciences (Kavli ITS) at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), Beijing, invites highly qualified individuals to apply for multiple tenure-track or tenured faculty positions in theoretical physics and related fields. Special consideration will be given to condensed matter physics, quantum field theory, quantum computation and information, and complex systems including statistical mechanics, bio-physics and quantum chemistry. Candidates for the positions are required to have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree and have demonstrated ability to conduct outstanding researches. Successful candidates are expected to carry out independent and innovative researches and encouraged to develop new interdisciplinary research directions.
Merits to join the Kavli ITS:
- International academic environment. One of the twenty network members of the Kavli Institutes worldwide. We plan to have 1/3 faculty to be non-ethnic Chinese;
- Joint faculty position in the physics department with light teaching load;
- Excellent opportunity: Kavli ITS is undergoing a rapid expansion in its faculty;
- Salaries comparable to the US;
- Good housing benefit;
- Excellent start-up grant, including funding for postdoctoral fellows.
Candidates should submit: a copy of curriculum vitae including a list of publications, a summary of research accomplishments, a statement of research interests and research plan, three to five representative publications, and at least three letters of recommendation sent directly by referees. All application materials should be submitted electronically as PDF files directly to director of Kavli ITS, Fuchun Zhang at email@example.com
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.