Leads, plans, coordinates, and sets the priorities of the Survey & Alignment Section (S&A) within the Mechanical Engineering and Design group (MED) of the APS Engineering Support Division (AES). Manages, leads, and mentors the members of the section. S&A section provides all metrology and survey & alignment services for a smooth operation of the entire APS facility. This work includes maintenance of three-dimensional reference control networks, statistical analysis and adjustment of collected geodetic measurements, dimensional inspection and fiducialization of accelerator and beamlines components, as well as three-dimensional positioning of these components within the APS subsystems to a very high degree of accuracy. The S&A Section Leader manages the day-to-day operations, personnel, budget, projects, as well as R&D activities of the section. Develops and executes plans for the section in alignment with the Division’s and MED group’s strategic goals. Cultivates a safe work environment and culture within the section. Presents the section’s activities to the laboratory management. Communicates projects and activities to other laboratories and throughout the world and proposes collaborations.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Surveying or Metrology preferred.
- 10+ years professional experience in survey and alignment of accelerator systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the fundamental principles and technologies of geodetic control networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the statistical data analysis and profound knowledge of the Least Squares Data Adjustment techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in the leadership of diverse group of engineers, technicians, and metrologists.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organization skills to balance work and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and deliver measurable impact.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Please apply using the following: https://argonne.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Argonne_Careers/job/Argonne-National-Laboratory/Survey-and-Alignment-Section-Leader_410260