Salary Band E £39,748-£44,166 Gross per Annum (Dependant on Experience)
Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), UKRI
Are you an experienced Applications Engineer? Are you a proactive and self-motivated person who can work in a dynamic environment? Can you communicate effectively both written and verbally?
STFC (part of UK Research and Innovation) are seeking 3 Applications Engineers to support the National Quantum Computing Centre in the delivery of their core objectives.
You will work as part of an applications team within the innovation function alongside hardware and software developers in the technology team. Utilizing your skills in end user applications and algorithms, robust and scalable use cases will be rapidly deployed to meet NQCC's goals which will enable the centre to deliver scalable quantum computing capabilities against our technology roadmap and building a quantum ready UK economy.
You will develop end-user NISQ-era and error corrected scalable applications, aswell as identifying appropriate data analytics and cognitive technologies and crafting technology solutions. You will act as an advocate for quantum computing as an important emerging technology for the UK, to support the NQCC’s aim to be world leading in the industry. Travelling for site visits to commercial and academic partners both locally and internationally is expected.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience in a computing related field
- Familiar with a range of professional tools and methods related to end user large scale computation
- Industry focused end user engagement
- Significant knowledge of the implementation of high performance or quantum computing
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence internal staff and end users
- Computer literate with skills and experience in the use of MS Office will be required
- The post holder needs to be a proactive, self-motivated person, able to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, but also demonstrate autonomy within their area of responsibility
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please visit our job board at Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) – UKRI Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is Sep 27th