Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Have you completed, or will you soon complete, your PhD?
- Do you have less than 3 years postdoctoral experience?
- Want to conduct world class research and development?
- Then join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Quantum Technologies Future Science Platform (FSP) aims to establish and grow capacity in quantum technology research and development at CSIRO. The opportunity we are seizing leverages existing expertise while extending into new, uncharted areas of discovery in quantum science and technology.
We currently have multiple Postdoctoral Fellowship positions available within our Quantum Technologies Future Science Platform, including:
And there are even more quantum focused roles at CSIRO.
Location: Multiple, AU
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Reference: 82202, 84495, 88442
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Physics, Quantum Engineering, Materials Science, Photonics, Nanotechnology, or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience. High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally. A sound history of publication in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents. A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Descriptions, which are linked above.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
1 December 2022, 11:00pm AEDT