About the role
The Senior Scientist will deliver expertise in the area of acoustic physics to support the design through modelling and experimental characterisation of materials for customers.
You will work with the Project Manager, Team Leader and other discipline subject matter experts at various stages throughout the life-cycle of projects. This will involve scheduling and running the technical tasks, which will include elements of time, cost and quality management as well as reporting results in written and presentational form. The role will also involve capturing and responding to clients’ requirements.
What do I need?
- The Senior Scientist should have a Physics masters with 1-2 years’ experience OR a Physics PHD;
- You should have experience working with a range of Materials.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
What will I be doing?
- The Senior Scientist will be responsible for the delivery of high quality data analysis and interpretation to project leads/customers;
- You will support project managers to deliver project to schedule on or ahead of time and within budget;
- The Senior Scientist will plan, design, carry out, develop and report technical projects and trials activities. Support the Technical Lead with advice on aspects of underwater acoustic physics in addition to the use of modelling and testing to deliver high quality material designs to clients;
- You will take ownership of tasks, as Task Lead, including modelling and materials characterisation activities with adherence to best technical practice in compliance with quality assurance and health and safety requirements;
- You will be responsible for direct interaction with relevant customers, users and colleagues, and production of high quality written documentation (e.g. proposals, reports etc);
- The Senior Scientist will be responsible for the operation and management of equipment and facilities.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.