At AQT we build quantum computers. Founded in Innsbruck, Austria, in 2018, we aim to bring quantum technologies out of the laboratory environment and turn them into everyday products. Our goal is a quantum computer based on trapped ions that is installed in normal IT infrastructure and can be readily operated from any PC or laptop. We provide quantum technology for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. To our industrial customers, we offer quantum solutions through partnerships with leading quantum software firms.
In the past four years, we have managed to build up an amazing team with extraordinary ambition and talent, a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to shape the future of quantum computing. For our team in Innsbruck, we are now looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join us as a Quantum Cloud Engineer.
As Quantum Cloud Engineer you will be a leading contributor to the growing AQT software stack. As such, you will be responsible for developing and managing our quantum computer cloud infrastructure, its applications, and services. The focus of this role is in the areas of automation, API integration, scheduling, and user management systems for our quantum computers. Further objectives include ensuring AQT’s cloud interoperability with various quantum SDKs (see some examples here: https://www.aqt.eu/qc-systems/). To achieve these goals, you will be driving the entire software lifecycle - from requirements gathering and design to development, testing, deployment, and maintenance. You might be a great fit if you are versed in software development for cloud computing and applications, web development, data science and storage, scientific computing, and networking, to name a few examples.
- Designing, developing, and testing cloud infrastructure, cloud applications, and features for AQT’s quantum computing services;
- Developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining AQT cloud applications;
- Developing quantum computer integrations with quantum SDKs;
- Driving DevOps throughout the entire software life cycle;
- Writing well-structured, documented, and tested code;
- Collaborating with stakeholders inside and outside the software team;
- Continuously improving yourself and how we operate as a team.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in developing cloud applications and infrastructure;
- You are familiar with modern front-end technologies such as React;
- You ideally have some experience with Firebase and Stripe;
- Basic familiarity with Python is advantageous;
- Git and CI/CD don’t scare you;
- Curiosity and drive to tackle and solve complex problems;
- Love to work in a collaborative environment with highly-skilled colleagues;
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English.
Do you have questions or would like to know more? Please contact us via email@example.com.
Good reasons to join AQT
Look forward to working on ground-breaking technologies in one of the most beautiful places in the Alps. You will become part of a passionate and international team, work in a unique environment with cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure, and have the opportunity to shape the future of quantum computing. We value creativity and actively search for team players with a thirst for knowledge and a passion for technology. AQT is growing, and we’d like to give you the chance to grow with us: We believe in letting our team members pursue their passions, and in helping each other thrive. Your position has the potential to grow into a long-term opportunity. Since we know there is a life outside of work, we do our best to create a family-friendly atmosphere and enable flexible working hours or part-time options.
Austrian law stipulates that the formal minimum salary of EUR 48 983.20 per year, according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, must be specified in job postings. According to your experience and skills, we are typically paying much more.