To strengthen our team in the division “Non-destructive Testing Methods vor Civil Engineering“ in Berlin-Steglitz, starting 01.02.2023, we are looking for a
Research assistant (m/f/d) in the field of physics, geophysics, electrical engineering, measurement technology or similar
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
Full time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
Development and application of Acoustic Emission (AE) in Department 8:
- Scientific and technical support of ongoing research and development projects;
- Conceptual design and development of new applications;
- Combination with complementary methods (e.g. ultrasound, guided waves);
- Coordination and initiation of new R+D projects, also interdepartmental in the field of Acoustic Emission;
- Contribution to the focus areas and strategic processes of BAM.
- Completed scientific university studies in the field of physics, geophysics, electrical engineering, measurement technology or similar;
- Doctorate completed or in the process of completion would be an advantage;
- Several years of professional experience or research in the thematic focus of AE (or related processes);
- Knowledge and experience of physical measurement technology and/or non-destructive testing and/or seismic measurement methods are an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of at least one programming language;
- Very good knowledge of German (at least C1) and English (written and spoken);
- Willingness to work at several BAM locations, as well as willingness to travel to project partners, conferences and nationwide trade fairs;
- Good communication and information skills, , initiative/willingness and ability to take decisions, ability to work in a team and cooperate as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills.
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society;
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies;
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure;
- Flexible working hours and mobile working.
We welcome applications via the online application form by 08.12.2022. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 345/22-8.2 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Niederleithinger will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1440 and/or by email to Ernst.Niederleithinger@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a high level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.