The ELI Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting-edge laser facility is currently being commissioned near Prague, Czech Republic. ELI will be delivering ultra-short, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (10-100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized sources ranging from IR to hard X-rays for multi-disciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc.
The group devoted to Laser driven X-ray sources within the department 86 (Radiation physics and electron acceleration) is expanding and recruiting physicists in relevant fields for implementation and further development of the laser-plasma X-ray sources.
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
POSTDOC/SENIOR RESEARCHER (166) - High-repetition rate laser-driven X-ray sources
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- user operation of an X-ray source based on interaction of high-power laser with high-density target and its coordination;
- further development of the X-ray source, its diagnostics, and application experiments;
- development of a user research program centred on this type of source.
- PhD in physics or related field;
- experience with laser-driven X-ray sources;
- good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary;
- excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team;
- ability to lead a relatively independent research programme.
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project;
- career growth, professional education;
- competitive and motivating salary;
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Project Manager (email@example.com). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AVCR, v.v.i. , Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.