Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) is a national family of schools committed to delivering an excellent education that launches all the children in our care into a remarkable life. It is our deeply held belief that every child has something remarkable to offer and we see it as our duty to help each and every child find this within themselves.
We are currently recruiting for our classroom-based Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme where you’ll gain a PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate of Education) and your Qualified Teacher Status whilst working hands-on in the classroom as a Physics Teacher. Immediately having impact, your tutor and coach will support you to build up your independent teaching time during the year.
The Programme Includes:
- A five day School Orientation Experience - an opportunity to spend time in your school meeting your colleagues and interacting with pupils ahead of September;
- Summer School: all new trainees come together for two weeks in August for an introduction to the programme, our schools and the principles of great teaching. You’ll also cover the essential elements of behaviour management;
- Weekly coaching and mentoring: every week you’ll be observed by your in-school coach, so they can offer you positive feedback and bite-sized improvement targets;
- An allocated trained lead planner who will help you create effective lessons, developing your planning skills and giving you the opportunity to ask detailed subject -knowledge questions;
- Weekly training: in-person/virtual training sessions with your tutors/peers;
- The training programme itself is school-based and you will spend half a day every week in a session with your Ark tutor and other trainees from the network.
We will support you to become brilliant educators and in time, leaders within our network - we offer unrivalled career opportunities for professional growth. We’re looking for talented people who will have successful careers within the Trust.
- Up to £29,000 per annum;
- Degree dependent: 1st or 2:1 = Scholarship of £29,000, 2:1 or 2:2 = Bursary of £27,000 (Scholarships and Bursaries are Tax-Free).
- 13 weeks’ holiday;
- Teachers Pension Scheme;
- Employer funded healthcare.