ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Salem, Massachusetts has key positions in Sales, Product Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other disciplines. The Salem site has 12 distinct product lines serving some of the world’s most recognizable brands in both the commercial and defense markets. Our product portfolio includes Xenon flashlamps, Xenon flashlamp systems, high-energy switching devices, high-voltage power supplies and rubidium atomic frequency standards.
We are presently seeking a Engineering Manager Analytical Systems that will be responsible for the HIDL Systems division designs and builds power conversion products and flash lighting products for custom requirements in the medical, semiconductor, industrial, security inspection and research equipment markets. Our engineering projects range in scope from concept-through-production of new systems to minor modifications of existing products.
- Effectively manage and mentor the Analytical Engineering staff with an emphasis on employee growth and company benefit;
- Generate and support systems hiring requirements and the recruitment process;
- Conduct Performance Reviews based on input received from the Program Managers and engineering leads where the direct reports are assigned;
- Assist in the formation of annual budgetary plans, strategic goal setting and other annual planning exercises;
- Participate in customer quotation and project proposal activities;
- Provide regular status reports for ongoing programs and support efforts within the group;
- Work with others to support proposals, customer interactions and design reviews;
- Monitor projects for compliance with schedule and budget;
- Work with sales and engineering teams to forecast realistic project schedules and costs;
- Ensure that product developments meet customer quality and performance requirements;
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing engineering personnel;
- Experience in design of cap charging power supplies and/or illumination sources is highly desirable;
- Leadership skills including excellent supervisory, communication (both verbal and written), organizational and reasoning skills;
- Prior experience in program management of large scale projects involving multiple engineering disciplines and cross functional involvement with finance, sales, operations and quality groups is desirable;
- Experience with the formal qualification of systems to industry standards in the areas of environmental, electromagnetic and system safety;
- Ability to effectively interface with customers and other group engineers;
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Able to quickly gain the confidence and cooperation of others.
Effective January 4th, 2022, it will be mandatory for every Excelitas employee to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemption requests from this vaccination requirement will be considered to accommodate medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team.
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team!
PLEASE READ AND AGREE TO THE STATEMENT BELOW TO PROCEED AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS ROLE:
Thank you for your interest in Excelitas. We respect your privacy. We need your consent to save your contact information and CV and for you to confirm that we can contact you in the future. Please know that Excelitas will never share or sell your contact data.
Declaration of Consent under Data Protection Legislation
I consent to the collection, processing and use of the data submitted here by Excelitas Technologies Corp. and its affiliated companies under the condition that such use is limited to recruitment opportunities. I understand that the information I provide shall be retained for a period no longer than one year, after which time it will be deleted.