ELI Beamlines research centre in Dolní Břežany is part of pan-European infrastructure ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) representing a unique tool of support of scientific excellence in Europe by making available its capacities to the best scientific teams across the world. The aim of ELI Beamlines is to establish the most intensive laser system in the world and to operate it on a long-term basis. Due to ultra-high performances of 10 PW (1 petawatt =
1,000,000,000,000,000 watts) and concentrated intensities of over 1024 W/cm2, we can offer our users a unique source of radiation and beams of accelerated particles. The so called beamlines will enable groundbreaking research in the area of physics and science dealing with materials, but also in biomedicine and laboratory astrophysics and many other fields. ELI Beamlines is part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their HR strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
In the name of the Research program 4 “Material and (bio)-molecular research” we would like to announce an open position: Postdoctoral Fellow - Molecular Femtosecond Spectroscopy (IV-77).
- development and upgrade of stations for fs optical spectroscopy (fs stimulated Raman spectroscopy, fs mid-IR spectroscopy, fs THz spectroscopy) with implementation of few cycle pulses and polarization control as a major objective
Requirements for the ideal candidate (candidate should have at least some of the listed skills):
- MSc or PhD in Physics, Biophysics, Physical chemistry, Optics, Laser-science or related
- experience with 1 kHz fs laser systems
- basics of nonlinear optics or spectroscopy
- experience with handling sub 10fs optical pulses
- experience with pulse shaping
- practical hands-on experience with building experimental set- ups
- LabVIEW, Matlab or related essentials
- background in molecular physics or chemistry
- knowledge of molecular spectroscopy (visible, infrared, Raman..)
- desire to learn new things and work in dynamic international team environment
(Since there are also other positions in the field of femtosecond pulses available, interested candidates are encouraged to contact us even if the spectrum of their qualification matches only loosely with the listed description)
- possibility to work in a brand new lab where highly innovative techniques are being implemented
- work place where people with new ideas and passion for realization can try new things
- open space for interdisciplinary studies, ideal for people who want to get in contact with fs X-ray experiments
- competitive salary
- highly motivating and friendly team environment
- possibility of long term employment for proven experts
- unique Chance to spend some years in the beautiful city of Prague while building a carrier in Science
- access to excellent Czech beer for student prices as a natural aspect of the environment
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data