Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Do you want to develop mathematical models for predicting changes in tissue state from complex multi-modal biological data? The Schumacher group in Edinburgh (https://www.ed.ac.uk/regenerative-medicine/research/linus-schumacher) is recruiting a postdoc funded by the Wellcome Leap ∆Tissue program (https://wellcomeleap.org/delta-tissue/), in collaboration with the Sander (https://www.sanderlab.org/) and Marks (https://marks.hms.harvard.edu/) labs (Harvard Medical School).
Apply here by Oct 11th: https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/2104
We are seeking a postdoctoral research fellow with analytical and computational skills, experience of working with complex datasets and an interest in understanding biological systems.
Applicants should have a PhD in a relevant subject or equivalent research experience.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Experience in the development of mathematical models of biological systems
- Competence in scientific computer programming in Python, Julia, or a computer programming language with similar capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and statistical methods, including Bayesian statistics and/or machine learning and/or topological data analysis
- Experience working with single cell “omics” data, including multimodal and/or spatial data
- Experience of collaborating with experimentalists or biologists
Click here for a copy of the full job description