ELI Beamlines research centre in Dolní Břežany is a part of pan-European infrastructure ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) representing a unique tool of support of scientific excellence in Europe by making available its capacities to the best scientific teams across the world. The aim of ELI Beamlines is to establish the most intensive laser system in the world and to operate it on a long-term basis. Due to ultra-high performances of 10 PW (1 petawatt = 1,000,000,000,000,000 watts) and concentrated intensities of up to 1024 W/cm2, we can offer our users a unique source of radiation and beams of accelerated particles. The so called beamlines will enable ground-breaking research in the area of physics and science dealing with materials, but also in biomedicine and laboratory astrophysics and many other fields. ELI Beamlines is a part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their human resources strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
At the ELI Beamlines facility the Department for Structural Dynamics develops methods for an international user community to use short-pulsed lasers and laser driven XUV and X-ray sources to study dynamics and function in samples ranging form atoms to complex materials. We are now recruiting: Scientist/Engineer (IV-99).
- you participate in the user operations and research activities at the P3 experimental platform
- will engage with the development of new experimental instrumentation, diagnostics, and in laser delivery
- overseeing the installation and performance of laboratory infrastructures
- assembling vacuum, opto-mechanical and other systems in cleanroom environment (ISO-7/ISO-5)
- general support of the scientific activities of the research team including technology subsystems
- cooperation with users and other research and technical teams at ELI Beamlines
- university degree in Physics, Technical or Natural sciences, or similar
- prior work or demonstrated suitable professional experience relevant to the above listed job description
- pro-active, team oriented with excellent communication skills
- ability to develop new cutting-edge instruments and technologies, including instrument control and data acquisition and processing
- excellent communication and writing skills in English, a strong interest to work with user support
- ability to manage multiple tasks, and work as a key part of an international interdisciplinary team
- experience with or background in high voltage equipment and/or vacuum systems is an advantage.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to work in a creative scientific environment supporting an international user community in cutting edge research
- a brand-new laboratory, where highly innovative techniques are being developed and tested
- competitive and motivating salary
- pleasant working environment
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
- possibility of long term employment for proven experts
- meal allowance, pension contribution, 5 weeks holiday and 6 days personal leave
- support of leisure time activities
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data
Apply for Scientist/Engineer (IV-99)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly