Tech-X Corporation is seeking computational scientists and/or engineers to advance its suite of high-performance CAE (Computationally Aided Engineering) software products. Tech-X has stable funding for developing these software products from both commercial and government revenue. Our products provide unique and valuable solutions to critical problems facing companies in the energy, electronics, defense, and aerospace industries. The selected candidate(s) will be instrumental in Tech-X’s path forward.
- Develop algorithms and methodologies applicable to high-performance computation for electromagnetics, stress analysis, and/or fluid dynamics;
- Work with a team to implement new capabilities within the Tech-X software;
- Respond to application engineer questions on software usage.
- One or more of the following numerical methods: FDTD, unstructured meshes, discontinuous Galerkin, implicit solvers, particle in cell methods, adaptive mesh refinement;
- C++ development, preferably with experience in development as a member of a team and experience in cross-platform development, specifically CMake;
- One or more of the following types of software development: distributed memory (MPI) computing; thread-based, vector-instruction based, GPU computing;
- One or more of the following research areas: Plasma Physics, Electromagnetics of Structures, Lasers, Fluid Dynamics, Stress Analysis;
- Ability to communicate science and engineering concepts to knowledgeable colleagues, including application engineers;
- Ability to work within a small company and directly across functions within the company.
- Ph.D. in computational science and/or engineering
- 1-2 years
Applicants should follow the submission instructions accompanying the online form. Please indicate the position "Computationalist" and provide a resume or CV information.
Tech-X accepts applications only from individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or third parties, please.