To proactively develop journals in order to deliver growth in terms of published content. To build relationships with authors and editors such that journals meet or exceed their published content targets.
- Manage peer review processes within agreed timeframes, as required; ensure that all published content meets required ethical and scientific standards recommend changes to peer review processes to improve efficiency.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that journals publish high quality content consistently and in a timely manner.
- If required, successfully negotiate editor and society contract renewals, produce profit and loss statements, prepare draft contracts and lead contract approval process through to contract signature.
- Undertake to maintain strong subject knowledge within allocated journal fields, including via national and international conference attendance when required.
- Guide the editorial strategy of the allocated journals, in line with SAGE’s wider strategy.
- Develop the quality, profile, market share, budget and financial performance of journals within the assigned portfolios, in line with SAGE’s wider strategy.
- Build and maintain positive relationships across SAGE and with external partners, including journal editors and boards.
- Undertake any ethical peer review investigations, plagiarism, and duplication concerns on journals within assigned portfolio.
- Monitor and stay within own agreed travel budget.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate in engineering or physical sciences (MSc, or BSc with appropriate peer-review experience)
- Experience in journals publishing
- Good commercial awareness
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic awareness, including a detailed understanding of industry trends and best practice
- Excellent prioritisation skills and a high level of adaptability
- Proficient in standard IT packages, including Microsoft Office
More searches like this
- Computational science & software engineering Science administration & media £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Engineering & instrumentation Science administration & media £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Materials science Science administration & media £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)