- West Sussex, UK
- Closing date
- 16 May 2023
- Computational science & software engineering, Engineering & instrumentation
- Job type
- Industry & business
Your global leader in vacuum and abatement
Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with our customers and continually setting new standards.
At Edwards, we are committed to minimising the negative environmental impacts of semiconductor manufacturing and we strive to minimise the impact on the natural world and environment we live in now and for our future.
With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel, to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research.
Everywhere you find vacuum requirements, you will find Edwards leading the way. From medicines to mobile phones, from computers to coffee beans, to cars and chemicals, we pride ourselves in making a difference to people’s lives. And we do it responsibly, ensuring that we innovate sustainably, whilst helping our customers to maintain their competitive advantage and operational excellence.
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: ATCO A, ATCO B), a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions.
Come and put your analytical skills into action and help us develop new tools and services for the future, at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
The Analytical Services Group supports all divisions and brands within Atlas Copco’s Vacuum Technique Business Area, including Edwards, Leybold and Gamma, and creates software tools to model the many kinds of vacuum pumps used in the vacuum industry. We also provide vacuum system modelling tools to enable our customers to optimise their systems by working with us. Collaborating with development and marketing teams across the world, our tools are a key part of our innovation, product specification, development, and sales processes. We also support our product development detailed design calculations using in-house and external tools including FEA and CFD.
This is a Hybrid Role
The Support Technologist role will play a pivotal part in providing support to end users of the software tools developed by our teams. In your role you will design and develop pump mechanism and other physical models and services for inclusion into future modelling tools.
Here’s how you will help in engineering the future:
- Collaborate with product managers/applications to ensure data used in the software is correct and up to date;
- Committed to delivering expert support in modelling systems that are novel or require significant expertise beyond normal usage;
- Partner with the software development team to provide guidance in needed features and testing and feedback for new tools;
- Collaborate on modelling activities to improve and add new physical mechanism and system models;
- Use third-party modelling tools, e.g. Computational Fluid Dynamics, to provide detail and validation for models, and in support of technology development;
- Develop and deliver training for new software.
Your data for success
Even if you don’t tick every box below, but you are confident that you can do the role, then just apply! We can help plug the gaps with our internal training and development programs.
- Degree in physical science/engineering discipline;
- Experience in vacuum systems, modelling fluid/physical systems would be beneficial, but vacuum expertise is not essential;
- Understanding of physical modelling methods and processes would be beneficial;
- Experience in coding would be beneficial.
What’s in it for you?
- We support you with flexibility and work life balance regarding working hours and the possibility to adapt to your needs;
- We foster a culture of innovation, interaction, and feedback in our inclusive and diverse teams;
- We commit to science-based targets, doing business ethically, to minimize environmental impact from our operations and products;
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 8%;
- Annual bonus starting at 7.5%;
- Health Cash plan, worth up to £860 per year;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards;
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays);
- Wellbeing programme supporting, physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness, and sense of purpose;
- Fitness app, with stream-able classes;
- Facilities – Onsite Parking, EV Charging points, subsidised canteen with free fruit.
At Edwards, we believe there is always a better way. Our employees are full of ideas. They are creative, innovative and push the boundaries of technology every single day wherever they are based in the world. Edwards is at the forefront of enabling new technologies and research for products that impact everyone’s daily life across the globe. It doesn’t get more exciting!
We recruit people with more than just a passion for innovation – they also have the ability to bring their ideas to life through collaboration with like-minded individuals in a supportive and inclusive environment.
So, whether you have a wealth of experience or are just starting out, why not join Edwards and give wings to your dreams.
- 0345 9212223
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert