Postdoctoral Fellow - Allegra Laser System (IV-4)
3 days left
- Job type
- Academic: postdoc
The ELI Beamlines Center is part of the international European Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI) project. The lasers at ELI Beamlines aim to provide unprecedented ultrashort, ultra-intense laser pulses for diverse interdisciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology and materials science. Currently, several of the main laser beamlines are operational and are being expanded and upgraded to reach their full performance and maximum availability. Other laser beamlines are in commissioning and new cutting-edge laser sources are in the design and development phase. ELI Beamlines is a part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was opened in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their human resources strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
Applications are now being accepted for a new position in the laser systems department.
Postdoctoral fellow – Allegra laser system (IV-4)
The successful candidate will work closely with the scientific team on the upgrade and development of state-of-the-art laser systems, in particular the Allegra laser (read more here). This work position provides an excellent opportunity for the involvement in the new research areas, applying for research grants/projects based on the large laser facility infrastructure, and professional development opportunity and career growth within the organization.
The essential duties
- Conduct research in high-energy laser amplifiers development, beam combining and optical synchronization.
- Actively participate in the development of high-energy laser beam diagnostics, laser system performance optimization and automation.
- Perform calculations and modelling of system performance for newly developed ultra-short pulse amplification beamlines.
- Present research results in scientific journals and conferences.
- Actively participate in the development of laser components and specify their required parameters.
- Mentor students and other junior researchers if necessary.
Required qualifications and skills
- Recent PhD in laser physics or related field.
- Ability to conduct research independently and as a member of a team.
- Pro-active, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of English, verbal and written.
- Experience with custom laser applications or optical engineering.
- Basic understanding of data acquisition and control systems architectures.
- Knowledge of Matlab, ZEMAX, LabView or other programming skills.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data.