Peoples Fellowship 2022 (Associate Scientist)
7 days left
- Job type
- Research facilities
Fermilab seeks Peoples Fellows candidates with outstanding credentials who have the potential to be leaders of the field.
The Fermilab Peoples Fellowship attracts outstanding early-career scientists both to enhance Fermilab’s capabilities in accelerator science and related technologies, and to train and develop the scientists who will carry the field forward in the future. Peoples Fellows are entry-level accelerator physicists, specialists in accelerator technologies, and high energy physics post-doctoral researchers who wish to embark on a new career in accelerator physics or technology.
Peoples Fellows have extraordinary latitude in choosing their research activities and are provided significant research support. Current areas of research interest at Fermilab include (but are not limited to): optical stochastic cooling, high intensity proton beams, high intensity neutrino sources, muon storage rings, superconducting magnets, superconducting RF, linear colliders, high luminosity hadron colliders, beam-beam effects and their compensation, accelerator controls and feedback, high power target stations, and computational physics and modeling.
Term of Appointment
The initial term of the Fellowship for candidates with less than two-year post-doc experience, is a 4-year appointment, eligible to be considered for a second 3-year term. For candidates with two or more years of post-doc experience, the initial term is a 3-year appointment, eligible to be considered for a second 2-year term.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
Candidates must have received a:
- Ph.D. in accelerator physics or accelerator-related technology within the prior three years. Post-doctoral experience is not required,
- Ph.D. in high energy physics or a related field within the prior five years. Candidates are expected to have at least three years of post-doctoral experience in high energy physics or a related field.
Candidates must have the:
- Ability to abide by all environment, safety and health regulations.
- Willingness to respect, understand and value individual differences that embody laboratory principles of diversity and inclusion.
Submit an application via the Fermilab website and Academic Jobs Online (https://academicprogramsonline.org/ajo/fellowship/20502):
1) Curriculum Vitae
2) Research Statement (not to exceed five (5) pages) giving a focused description of proposed research program(s) as a Peoples Fellow
3) Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at the AJO site):
Additional information is available at http://www.fnal.gov/pub/forphysicists/fellowships/john_peoples/index.html.
For general information about this position contact Cheng-Yang Tan (email@example.com).
All FRA employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation based on a medical condition/disability or a sincerely held religious belief
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes a diverse and inclusive environment based on mutual respect is essential to our mission. Fermilab is committed to recruiting and developing the most hardworking people and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, country of birth, geography/postal code, disability, marital status, parental or gestational status, or other non-merit factor.