Phd - Quantum Computing Scientist - Machine Learning (m/f/d)
Digitalization is a key differentiator to position BASF as leading chemical company for our customers. We as Global Digital Services enable BASF's digitalization. In agile teams, we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF and its customers, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes. We provide IT that works and offer know-how and access to latest technologies in the areas of cloud computing or big data.
Our unit supports BASF's divisions in answering logistical challenges and issues with digitalization solutions.
- You will establish and coordinate collaborations with industrial and academic partners in the field of Next Generation Computing, specifically in the area of quantum computing.
- You will contribute strong domain expertise in machine learning, optimization, statistics, mathematics or quantum computing to make internal as well as external multi-disciplinary collaborations a success.
- Furthermore, you will undertake the preparation and pre-processing of use cases and post-processing of quantum computing results using state-of-the-art classical computing approaches and emerging quantum technologies (e.g., NISQ and beyond).
- In addition, you will (co-)develop and apply quantum computing methods, algorithms and workflows to solve relevant use cases.
- You will also provide software solutions for relevant use cases for BASF's broader chemistry, quantum chemistry and next generation computing community.
- We value your suggestions for new ideas to explore further use cases in the broader context of Next Generation Computing, including but not limited to leveraging public funding opportunities.
- Studies in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering or a related discipline with an outstanding PhD
- Deep knowledge in machine learning, statistics, deep learning or optimization
- Programming skills in modern languages such as Python
- Motivated to work in an interdisciplinary, cross-functional environment as well as willingness to constantly learn in a quickly evolving and challenging field
- Experience in quantum computing in particular in related software libraries and toolkits such as Qiskit, Cirq, Pyquil, Pennylane as well as software libraries related to annealing or quantum inspired
- Business fluent English as well as further language (e.g. German) skills are an advantage
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- International assignments where you will build networks and experience different cultures.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
Do you have questions about the application process or the position? Mrs. Thräner (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 59929
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders.
Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
BASF Digital Solutions GmbH offers innovative solutions for the design and optimization of business processes for the BASF Group around the
world. As an experienced business solution provider, we create added value for BASF by developing new business models with digital
technologies, thereby increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes through IT and digital solutions.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on
you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities
irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.