Fully Funded Studentships - EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Molecules to Product
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Molecules to Product
- Leeds, UK
- Stipend of £17,668 (2022/23 rate)
- Closing date
- 5 Jun 2023
- Engineering & instrumentation, Materials science, Physical chemistry
- Job type
- Academic: PhD/MSc
The CDT in Molecules to Product offers an exciting opportunity to undertake a fully funded 4 year PhD programme with bespoke training courses with have been identified by industry to fill skills gaps. The training courses span the duration of the PhD and will contribute towards your understanding of the product development lifecycle, alongside developing your professional and business know-how.
The Centre for Doctoral Training in Molecules to Product will train tomorrow’s research leaders with the skills and know-how in designing, characterising and developing the next generation of chemical and material-based products that deliver superior performance and properties.
The vision is to underpin a ‘design and supply’ paradigm instead of the current road map of inventing, developing then manufacturing. This approach will assist industry to mitigate against wasted development time and costs and to focus on products and processes where the risk of failure is reduced. The research project structures reflect this challenge and range from original research delivered entirely within an academic environment through to fundamental research in partnership with industry.
- Interdisciplinary training programme supervised by world class researchers
- Key professional skills training with a focus on decision making, innovation and enterprise
- Industrial research placement opportunities
- The University has world-leading strengths in analytical science and associated facilities within the Bragg Centre
- Benefit from partnerships with the Sir Henry Royce Institute and Diamond Light Source
- Join research collaborations and training placements at universities and organisations from the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia
A first class or upper second class degree or equivalent qualification, from areas including but not limited to: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Statistics and Food Science.
There are a number of highly competitive EPSRC Fully Funded Studentship Awards for Session 2022/23 covering the full cost of University of Leeds Fees (£4,600) plus a Maintenance Allowance of £17,668. Applications are open to UK rated applicants only as funding is limited by UKRI. Some additional places are also available for students who have their own funding.
How to apply
Please see our website for further information on how to apply:
Centre for Doctoral Training in Molecules to Product (leeds.ac.uk) Apply Now.
Questions? Please contact us at:
The CDT addresses a major challenge identified by the leading industry partners and the wider chemical and pharma producing sectors: how to deliver a final product that has the required molecular structure/system to deliver the desired performance attributes. Sectors of interest include speciality chemicals, agrochemicals, home and personal care (HPC), fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), food and beverage, and pharma/biopharma.
- 0113 343 38891
The University of Leeds
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert