Graduate Software Test Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic science, mathematics or engineering graduate to join us as a Software Test Engineer.
You will help to ensure that the software we create and deliver to our clients is of the highest quality and meets their needs. The knowledge you have gained during your studies will help you to understand our clients’ needs and what they are trying to achieve.
Prior testing experience is not expected, but you should be naturally methodical with a very keen eye for detail. You should also enjoy using new software and exploring its capabilities, noticing where it is deficient and could be made better.
You will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the project lifecycle, from initial development testing through to final acceptance by the client. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with developers to identify and resolve software defects.
- Working with project teams to produce test plans and scripts.
- Reviewing software applications during development to confirm that all requirements have been met.
- Working with clients as they test and accept applications, advising and assisting as necessary.
- Building strong relationships, communicating and collaborating with clients and colleagues.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with many of our projects. You will further your own skills and experience by gaining exposure to the wide variety of clients we work with and the broad range of sectors we operate in. There may be opportunities to travel around our UK and European offices to support remote project teams directly.
During your career with us, you will learn and develop your skills, but before you join us you should have:
- BSc (min 2.1), MSc or PhD in science, mathematics or engineering.
- A methodical approach to investigation and problem solving with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues from all backgrounds, with detail and precision.
- The eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new domains and technologies.
Career Development and Training
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer an industry-leading training package. All staff receive an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technical and soft skills, often leading to recognised professional qualifications. As a Graduate Software Test Engineer your Career Development Plan will include International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) training.
As a member of the Hybrid Intelligence team of Capgemini Engineering you will work on a variety of innovative and rewarding projects that make a difference. Our work is a fusion of applied mathematics, scientific computing, AI, and software engineering. We deliver ground-breaking, multi-disciplinary solutions for our R&D-driven clients tackling humanity’s generational challenges, from discovering new drug treatments to harnessing green energy.
We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate individuals for who they are and value the diversity they bring to the workplace.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. It is a multicultural company of over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries.