Senior laser physicist (187)
- ELI Beamlines
- Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic
- Closing date
- 14 Jul 2023
The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multidisciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
In our team we have the following position available: Senior laser physicist (187)
As a member of the L3-HAPLS laser group, you will contribute to the operation and development of the L3-HAPLS laser system. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Laser operations and execution of user experiments driven by the L3-HAPLS laser:
- provide oversight on laser operations;
- adapt concept of operations to the needs of users and capabilities of the laser system;
- manage configuration of the laser including optical path, diagnostics, support systems and machine safety systems;
- perform routine and advanced maintenance, develop maintenance procedures.
• Development and improvement of the L3-HAPLS laser:
- support improvement of the output parameters and operational reliability;
- test new parts and commission new operating regimes;
- design new optical components and setups, prepare manufacturing specification, perform acceptance tests, and implement the final products;
- contribute to the development of control systems;
- provide requirements specification, test new software, and develop automation of operations;
- plan and execute supporting measurements;
- process and interpret data and use the results as an input for further design and optimization.
- hands-on experience with operating/building/maintaining lasers and optical systems;
- university degree in area of Laser physics, Quantum Electronics, Optics or Optoelectronics;
- fluent communication in English.
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project;
- career growth, professional education;
- competitive and motivating salary;
- flexible working hours;
- nice and friendly working environment;
- meal allowance and canteen;
- support of leisure time activities;
- 5 weeks of holidays and 6 days of personal leave;
- other employee benefits.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Senior Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 601 560 322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer.
ELI Beamlines is part of the European ELI laser centre, the world’s first international laser facility. ELI Beamlines is open to an international and interdisciplinary user community from academia and industry. Mandated by the international scientific laser community and implemented in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania, ELI drives international laser research and laser-based applications to new frontiers, and fulfils important missions for regional socio-economic development.
The main mission of ELI Beamlines is to provide a user-oriented infrastructure for performing revolutionary scientific experiments across many different disciplines. It combines advanced synchronized ultra-intense short-pulse lasers with secondary sources of particles and X-rays.
The ELI Beamlines facility provides research opportunities at a number of world-class secondary sources, each one driven by ultra-intense lasers. These secondary sources, partially based on entirely new concepts, produce pulses of radiation and particles of the highest intensity and beam quality, including electromagnetic radiation over a broad spectral range and charged particles such as electrons, protons and ions. These will enable a wealth of novel applications.
The ERIC is a specific legal form designed to facilitate the establishment and operation of research infrastructures of European interest. ERICs are participated by States and international organizations as members. As a main statutory mission, ELI ERIC is responsible for making the ELI facilities available to the scientific community as a single international organization, with unified governance and management.
The Czech Republic hosts the ELI ERIC statutory seat in Dolní Brezany, in the South of Prague, at the ELI Beamlines facility. A second facility, ELI-ALPS, is hosted by Hungary in Szeged. The Czech Republic and Hungary are joined by Italy and Lithuania as founding members, while Germany and Bulgaria are founding observers. A third ELI facility is under construction in Romania in the field of nuclear photonics and is expected to complement the current ELI ERIC facilities in the future. More information can be found on the ELI ERIC websites.
Why work for us
ELI Beamlines brings together people from all over the world. If you want to participate in the largest laser research project in the world, apply through the offer of employment at www.eli-beams.eu. We are interested in people of various professions and specializations. We can offer interesting and challenging work, dedicated training, plus the chance to work with smart people in a pleasant working environment.
The future is in laser technologies. Are you interested? Join us!
Number of employees
Positions recently recruited for
Scientists, engineers, PhD students and technicians
Desired degree disciplines/class
From apprenticeship to PhD in a wide variety of domains
Eligible to work in the EU
How to apply
Apply online at www.eli-beams.eu
All year round
Tel +420 601560322
- +420 601560322
Za Radnicí 835,
252 41 Dolní Břežany
Apply for Senior laser physicist (187)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert