Senior/Postdoctoral Researcher m/f/d
- Honda Research Institute Europe GmbH
- Offenbach, Germany
- Closing date
- 24 Jun 2023
- Computational science & software engineering, Quantum science & technology
- Job type
- Academic: postdoc
Applications of Quantum Computing and Quantum Optimization
The Honda Research Institute Europe GmbH is looking for a Senior / Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the topic Applications of Quantum Computing and Quantum Optimization in an attractive, international and privileged research environment.
The position is part of a small research team working in a highly collaborative way, in close cooperation with a strong network of experts from universities and institutional partners across Europe and beyond. Our main target is understanding the benefits and shortcomings of quantum approaches for realistic use-cases.
Thanks to our unique positioning as a fundamental research Institute embedded in Honda’s industrial R&D, we are able to transfer fundamental insights to real applications and create value that impacts at large scale.
Your responsibilities will be the assessment of application cases regarding quantum- assisted solution approaches and the development of quantum optimization algorithms
for approaching real-world problems on noisy intermediate-scale quantum (NISQ) devices. You are expected to further advance the technology in this field, and you will have the chance to contribute to shaping the way of how quantum technologies will be adopted in industry for use-cases of high practical relevance.
- PhD degree or similar qualification in physics, mathematics, computer science or related fields;
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art quantum computing and quantum machine learning methods;
- Extensive experience in applying quantum computing and quantum information processing algorithms and thoroughly assessing the results;
- Good understanding of optimization techniques for solving optimization problems, such as combinatorial (mixed-)integer problems and continuous optimization problems. Practical experience in implementing (numerical) optimization techniques for problem solving is desirable;
- Experience in programming with typical programming languages like Python or C/C++ and tools like git;
- Pro-active, curious and rigorous mind; you are a team player.
Our strengths – your benefits
- An exciting combination of fundamental and applied research;
- An open atmosphere with a great multidisciplinary, international team and strong academic collaborations;
- Participation in international conferences and workshops.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To make initial contact, please submit your application online to Horst Mangold, PME – Personal- und Managemententwicklung, at:
In 2003, when the Honda Research Institutes were founded in Japan, in the United States and in Europe, our central focus was research into Computational Intelligence, Optimization and Robotics. More than a decade later Artificial Intelligence is seen as the next big tech thing. We couldn’t agree more.
Intelligent systems will shape our future in many ways, ranging from autonomous and accident-free driving to personal robots and from smart design and manufacturing to the efficient use of resources. We envision intelligent systems to work among us, for us and with us. This is why we call it Cooperative Intelligence.
The ideas and concepts our researchers introduce on the next pages are the basis for achieving Cooperative Intelligence.
We hope to spark some interest in you and we encourage you to get in touch with us.
After all, progress in Artificial Intelligence will affect us all.
- 0049 69 890 11 710
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert