PhD positions in Lattice QCD, Machine Learning, and Quantum Computing
The Cyprus Institute is inviting applications for up to five PhD positions in Lattice QCD, Machine Learning, and Quantum Computing starting by September 2022.
The successful candidates will participate in the research activities of CaSToRC at the Cyprus Institute and of the group of Prof. C. Alexandrou at the Physics Department of the University of Cyprus. Activities include large-scale lattice QCD simulations, hadron structure, algorithmic and code development, quantum computing and application of machine learning to physical systems. The group is a member of the Extended Twisted Mass Collaboration (ETMC) and has established collaborations with the corresponding groups at DESY-Zeuthen, the Universities of Bonn and Frankfurt in Germany, Rome University in Italy and Temple University in the US. Also it has collaborative projects with the Jülich Supercomputing Center, Wuppertal University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- MSc in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or any other relevant field
- Programming Skills using e.g. Python or C/C++
- Knowledge in one of the following: theoretical physics, lattice gauge theories, lattice QCD, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing
Preferred Experience (at least one of the following)
- Experience in High-Performance Computing, parallel and GPU programming
- Experience in the application of machine learning to physical problems
- Experience in exact diagonalization, tensor network methods or other numerical techniques for strongly-correlated quantum lattice systems
- Experience in simulation algorithms, linear solvers or multigrid methods
Interested applicants should submit their application at The Cyprus Institute Graduate School (https://gs.cyi.ac.cy/?q=node/add/application) using the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest and give two names and contact details for reference letters. For further information, please contact Prof. C. Alexandrou (email@example.com).
For full consideration applications should be submitted by January 31st, 2022. The positions will remain open until filled.