Senior software engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Head of Design Methodology
Based at: Newport, hybrid working model
Contract Type: Permanent – Full time
Here at Compound Semiconductor Applications (CSA) Catapult we are focused on bringing compound semiconductor applications to life in three key areas: the road to Net Zero, future telecoms and intelligent sensing.
We are a Not for Profit organisation based in South Wales. We focus on three technology areas: Power Electronics, RF & Microwave and Photonics and have an Advanced Packaging team for these high-power innovations.
As part of the Design Studio team, the purpose of this role is to develop the next generation CAD flow, tools & methodologies to support our electrical, electronic, photonic and packaging engineering teams to deliver ground-breaking innovative prototype designs.
CSA Catapult is committed to supporting and upholding diversity, equality, and inclusion in everything we do. A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is an essential part of all roles.
By collaborating with our Engineering Team, you will lead the realisation and successful adoption of our methodologies and software tools on a common design platform to innovate faster.
- Specify. Future requirements from engineering, Customers, and industry best practice.
- Design. (a) Integrated software platform through collaborating with software vendors, library providers. (b) Internal software products.
- Develop. Code, test and configure our own software products and platforms.
- Develop. Work as one team with IT to define and maintain the design environment
- Deploy. Release and train engineering for effective productivity, e.g., internal & external.
- Support. Fast resolution for issues raised by engineering teams.
- Quality. Productivity metrics and compliance with our Quality Management System.
Degree level qualification or equivalent technical experience within relevant industry
- Exemplify the Catapult behaviours of collaboration, innovation, and trust
- Demonstrate the Catapult values of being supportive, inclusive, and challenging
- Up to £50,000 salary (FTE). We don’t need to know what your current salary is.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 37.5 hour full time working week but can consider part time or job share suggestions.
- Development – as you grow in the role we will support you throughout that journey.
- Payment for a professional membership each year.
- Flexible working – we operate core hours of 10-4. The balance of your hours can be worked around what works for you.
- Generous pension scheme – e.g. you put in 5% and well put in 10%.
- 28 days leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Holiday carryover.
- Life Assurance
- A happy, healthy working environment and great group of people to work with.