The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Fusion Energy Science and Technology (Fusion CDT) is a collaboration between the Universities of Durham, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford and York, working together with UKAEA, AWE, the Central Laser Facility and industry.
What we offer:
- Funded 4-year PhD research studentships open to home and international applicants, fully funded at home rate
- A full training programme in fusion energy, including materials and plasma science
- A supportive environment within a cohort of fusion energy PhD students
- Extensive opportunities and funding for international collaboration and travel
- Links to world-leading fusion facilities and expertise in the UK and overseas.
The Fusion CDT supports a diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning and research environment across its partner organisations. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and aim to support flexible working and part-time study where possible.
Please note that application deadlines vary and some of the deadlines are in January 2022 - for further information on deadlines and how to apply please see: https://fusion-cdt.ac.uk/study-with-us/