Software Manager (LabVIEW)
Semiconductor devices provide the foundations on which progress in the technology sector are enabled. From Smartphones to Artificial Intelligence, 5G communications to autonomous vehicles, all are made possible through advances in semiconductor processes. Scaling these processes requires sub-nanometer measurement of increasingly complex 3D structures to enable more powerful devices. At Infinitesima we have pioneered a revolutionary atomic precision 3D metrology technology which has been qualified by leading companies in the semiconductor industry and we believe is essential for continued progress. To quote Lord Kelvin, ‘If you can’t measure it you can’t improve it!’. Come and join our dynamic team to enable the semiconductors for tomorrow’s technological developments.
Do you have experience in LabVIEW and are in (or are ready for) a leadership role or ? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to lead our LabVIEW Software team.
Reporting to: Engineering Director.
The position of Software Manager will work within the Engineering team to produce high-quality leading-edge software used to operate the RPM tool to obtain the precision measurements required by the Semiconductor Industry.
The role will be to lead the Software team developing software for the Metron3D platform and the associated data analysis package. Currently the team is an in house Software Engineer plus a subcontracting company.
The role requires strong Software architecture development skills and an ability to communicate with colleagues in other departments to define the functionality required and report on plans and progress.
The role requires both Software and System Engineering discipline.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Work within the Software team to lead the design and implementation of key software features for the tool.
- Produce high quality software to communicate with the systems and the User Interfaces to report data back to the User.
- Communicate effectively with the company.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Self-driven and motivated worker.
- Problem solver.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree or above in a Software or related engineering discipline.
- Experience of hands-on Software engineering development.
- LabVIEW coding experience on a Real-time platform.
- CLA or equivalent experience
- Excellent communicator - Fluency in written and oral technical English.
- Willingness to support other team members to meet team goals
- Agile Software Development Processes
- Strong Architectural and design knowledge
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of writing software using TCP Sockets.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW state-chart module.
In addition to a competitive starting salary and a yearly bonus. Infinitesima offers flexible working hours, 25 days annual leave, personal pension contributions and EMI Share scheme.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Note to recruitment agencies: Infinitesima Ltd only works with approved agencies and does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not submit candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Infinitesima Ltd employees. Infinitesima Ltd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Apply for Software Manager (LabVIEW)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly