This is a tenure track Assistant Professor of Physics position responsible for teaching, professional and scholarly, and service activities as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The position will be housed in the Department of Physics and Astronomy and will perform research in experimental condensed matter physics including photovoltaics, semiconductors, materials physics, and related areas.
This position will contribute to the efforts of the Wright Center for Photovoltaics Innovation and Commercialization (PVIC). As such the faculty member will be expected to develop an active, independent, externally funded research program. Excellence in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level is also expected, and as well as involvement of both graduate and undergraduate students in the faculty member’s research program. The new faculty member will be expected to substantially contribute to and lead the development of new academic programs and revision of existing programs to best meet the needs of University of Toledo students.
- PhD in Physics or a related field is required at minimum,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required,
- Teaching undergraduate (non-majors and majors) and graduate (MS and PhD) students at all levels,
- Course organization including using appropriate technology requirements,
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students in a research setting, including guiding the ultimate presentations and publications of their work,
- Presentation and publication of research work and scholarly activity at scientific conferences and in peer reviewed journals.
- Postdoctoral or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
Application Deadline and Start Date
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. The starting date for this position will be August 19, 2024.
Interested candidates must apply at: https://jobs.utoledo.edu with
- a letter of application addressing their professional and teaching experience,
- a current curriculum vitae,
- a statement of diversity, equity and inclusion,
- a statement of teaching philosophy (2 page maximum),
- a research plan (3 page maximum),
- the names and contact information for three referees.
Email inquiries may be directed to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.