Are you an aspiring geophysicist ready to kick-start your career? Would you like to be an integral part of our world-leading processing and imaging team?
If yes, then DUG could be the right place for you!
We’re located within the Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur. Step into a vibrant atmosphere where every day promises fresh challenges and opportunities for learning—there’ll never be a dull moment here! Gain access to our advanced software suite and our very own cloud computing platform, DUG HPC Cloud.
You will start on an internship basis, but we welcome you to dive right in—as any valued team member would—and immerse yourself in the world of geophysics. We provide a dynamic, fast-paced and truly global environment that paves the way for potential long-term career opportunities with us post-internship.
You’ll be part of Team DUG, working closely with our passionate geoscientists and our clients to learn about seismic processing, depth imaging and FWI, growing into a competent Geophysicist.
Outline Job Description:
You will be assisting the project team in delivering seismic processing and depth imaging projects.
Initially, you will learn and develop your technical skills through tasks as follow:
- Seismic velocity analysis and QC.
- Production QC of processing stages.
- Creating QC attributes such as RMS maps and horizons.
- Running and managing production work flows on company computer system.
- Test and processing report writing.
- Assemble workflows for seismic processing.
- Report to another team member of any unresolved issues that may arise during a production run, including quality related issues.
- Comply with the Company's HSE regulations and policy.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the team leader.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Geophysics, Geoscience, Physics, Maths, Electrical Engineering with a Physics background, or equivalent.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Organised, attention to detail, and able to produce accurate work.
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines.
- Eligible to work in Malaysia.
The following experience is desirable, but not mandatory:
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Linux, Unix, and geoscience software / applications.
- Oil/gas industry experience – with working knowledge of seismic or digital signal processing.
- Experience with Unix Seismic Processing (USP) and scripting.
Please be advised that an offer of employment will subject candidates to pre-employment screening, including but not limited to (depending on role) verification of your right to work in the respective location and the provision of applicable qualifications, registrations, licences, National Police Clearance, and COVID-19 vaccinations evidence. The final appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening.