As one of the largest universities of applied sciences in Germany, we offer a comprehensive range of holistic and interdisciplinary topics in business, technology, social science and design. Our challenge and obligation is to actively shape the future through teaching, research and transfer. Working in partnership with business and society is of central importance for us.
To strengthen the department of Applied Sciences and Mechatronics, we would like to fill the following position by the 2024 summer semester or later
Research professorship for Laser Optics (W2)Reference number: BV 0697 We are looking for you:
scientific, practical, future-oriented
As a research professor with a 50% teaching load, you will strengthen the area of applied photonics in teaching and research in the fields of laser optics, laser material processing and physics. You are a focused person (m/f/x) with scientific expertise and work experience in
- Applications of ultrashort pulse lasers
- Digital photonic manufacturing
- Smart materials
- Additive manufacturing
Experience in integrated optics and quantum photonics is desirable.
You have proven your scientific excellence through the acquisition of third-party funds, management of or significant contributions to EU, DFG, BMWK, BMBF or similar research projects and current publications.
You have teaching experience in the field.
You are confident to further expand and develop your excellent research at Munich University of Applied Sciences.
You are excited about teaching, applied research and transfer and have your own expertise and competence within these areas. You are a person who
- enjoys working and finding solutions as part of a team
- is open-minded
- is driven by innovation
- communicates emphatically and openly
- is well connected in the international scientific community
Terms and expectations
- During the first five years you will dedicate half of the teaching load (currently 9 lecture hours per week) to represent the field in applied research by acquiring third-party funded projects and publishing papers.
This workload assignment can be extended upon a successful evaluation of the research-related activity.
- If necessary, you might teach courses from related fields in other departments.
- Your knowledge of German is sufficient for teaching and participating in the self-administration of the department.
- You are willing and able to offer courses in English.
- You are constantly developing your didactic skills and are motivated to use new teaching methods, innovative teaching technologies and online teaching.
- You actively contribute to the development of your field of research, the internationalisation of the department and the self-administration of the university.
- In addition, you are engaged in applied research projects, and in the area of knowledge and technology transfer.
- University degree
- Teaching skills, which you will demonstrate in trial classes, and in other ways
- Special aptitude for scientific work, which is proven by a doctorate or by an expert opinion certifying academic achievements equivalent to a doctorate
- Special achievements in the application or development of scientific knowledge and methods in the course of at least five years of work experience, gained after obtaining a university degree and of which at least three years must have been practised outside of the academic sector. In special cases, work experience outside of the academic sector can be provided by proving that a significant part of your work was carried out in cooperation between the university and non-academic partners over a period of at least five years.
Professional gender equality is one of our core values, which is why we seek to hire more women, especially in the sciences. We therefore explicitly encourage women to apply.
Those who are not yet 52 years old can be appointed as civil servants, otherwise they will be employed under a private law contract. Severely disabled applicants will be given preference in the case of otherwise equal suitability, qualifications and professional performance.
Work at a future-oriented university
You can expect a lively and creative environment for teaching, research and transfer, which you can actively help to shape. Munich University of Applied Sciences will support you with numerous services (and projects). You can organise your work flexibly. We offer various opportunities for childcare such as day nursery and kindergarten as well as a family service.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Feel free to apply via our online portal by 16.10.2023.
If you have subject-specific questions about the advertised professorship, please directly contact the chair of the appointment committee (Prof Dr Heinz Huber at 089 1265-1686 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The HR department is happy to answer your general questions about the application process at 089 1265-4845 or email@example.com.
Please direct any questions about the promotion of professional gender equality
to our officer for the equality of women in science and art, Prof. Elke Wolf, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find further information about the job profile of a professor and about the application process at www.werdeprofessorin.de.