We are a technology company specializing in high-performance computing (HPC) solutions to challenging problems. Our software products and services are at the cutting edge of HPC, delivering efficient scientific data-processing solutions to a diverse industrial client base that includes radio-astronomy, biomedicine, and meteorology, as well as the resource, government, and education sectors.
We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic R&D Geophysicist with a strong drive to innovate new ideas and concepts, and a goal-driven approach, to join our team.
List of Responsibilities
- Research and develop innovative solutions to challenging seismic processing and imaging problems.
- Collaborating and knowledge-sharing with other members of the Research and Development team.
- High- and detailed-level design of complex geophysical software.
- Implementation, testing, and maintenance of software.
- Inspection and maintenance of software written by other members of the team.
- Writing and peer-reviewing technical papers and documentation.
- Attending and presenting at industry conferences.
- Supporting internal users in the company's service divisions.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Physics, Geophysics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering (preferably electrical), or other related scientific disciplines.
- An understanding of seismic processing and imaging/inversion techniques.
- An understanding of some or all of the following will be a benefit
- Experience as a user of seismic processing and imaging software is desirable but not required.
- Coding experience in one or more programming languages, such as C/C++, Python, MATLAB.
- Object-oriented programming experience, preferably in Python.
- Knowledge of high-performance computing concepts is desirable (e.g. MPI, multi-threading, GPU).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with an international team.
- A strong drive to innovate new ideas and concepts.
Please be advised that an offer of employment will subject candidates to pre-employment screening, including but not limited to (depending on role) verification of your right to work in the respective location and the provision of applicable qualifications, registrations, licences, National Police Clearance, and COVID-19 vaccinations evidence. The final appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening.